Wood materials act after the surrounding climate, the main factor is the relative humidity (RH, %).
High humidity means the wood – expands; low humidity – it shrinks.
Due to this natural property you must pay attention to the instructions below.
B. Check before installation
You find additional information to each section further below:
- Store the packages in the future room climate and open package after package when you install.
- This floor will be floating installed,i.e. keep always a distance to all fixed construction parts.
- Check your floor construction.it must be dry,clean, firm and even,eliminate always wall to wall carpets and investigate the floor.
- Choose underlay materials (read carefully below!) according to your own situation – all floors are unique!
- Measure the room, decide installation direction.Note the limitations as per below – due to natural behavior of wood!
- Check you floor continuously during the installation.Installed defect boards can easily be replaced – cannot be complainted!
- Keep always the right room climate 45-60 % RH at 18-24 °C.
- Maintain/clean your FLOOR correct and you will enjoy the floor.
C. Floating Installation
Your floor is made to be installed floating without glue:
- Begin laying in the left-hand corner. Place the floorboard 4-6mmfrom the left wall. The distance to the wall in front (4-6mm) is not important because the flooring can be pushed into place at a later stage.
- Press the end section of the next floorboard at an angle to the first one, then lay down. Complete the first row in the same matter.
- Place the final floorboard face down and the short side without the locking strip towards the wall. The distance to the wall should be 4-6mm. Mark where the floorboard is to be cut.
- Place the floorboard face down on the work surface and cut to size using a pad under 1 saw. Use a fine toothed type if you are using a hand saw. In this case, cut the floorboards face up.
- Use a cut piece of board from the previous row to start the next row. This must be at least30 cmlong. If the piece is too short, start with a new board, cut in half. Always ensure that the end joints are staggered at least 30 cm.